United Doors offer a specialist garage door repair service, so we know the most common causes of garage door repairs in Brisbane. To be honest, one of the most frequent causes of garage door repairs is that people don’t bother with regular maintenance and servicing of their remote garage door openers.
Poor maintenance usually leads to a shortened lifespan for your garage doors and costly repairs at some point in the future. So here are the top 5 most common reasons for garage door repairs in Brisbane (apart from a lack of maintenance).
- Stuck doors: When your remote garage door opener is stuck half way and won’t open fully or close completely, life suddenly takes a turn for the worse. A common cause is worn springs, which are too dangerous to replace yourself, so you need to call your trusty garage door repair service in Brisbane.
- Noisy doors: Your remote garage door opener shouldn’t make screeching or rattling noises when they are opened or closed. This is a sure sign that something needs oiling, which would have been picked up by a regular garage door repair service.
- Faulty remote: If your remote isn’t working properly, the first step is to check the batteries and replace them if necessary. If this doesn’t work, you might need to replace the remote, however make sure that the door actually operates properly using the manual override first.
- Random operation: If your remote garage door opener opens and closes all on its own, apart from a safety and security risk, this is likely due to an electrical fault that can be easily fixed. United Doors provides garage door repairs in Brisbane, so give us a call and we will fix it ASAP.
- Broken rollers: Rollers don’t last forever and can end up bent or broken over time. This usually results in stuck or noisy doors, so if you think you have a problem with the rollers of your remote garage door opener, don’t leave it until you have a serious problem before asking for help.
If you need garage door repairs in Brisbane, call United Doors on 07 3869 2525 or get a quote online.